As the premier hub for charter excellence, FCI strives to provide best in class support to charter schools statewide. We are incorporating the Charter Support Unit (CSU) as part of FCI to better support charter school operators and advocate for operational excellence. Since 2012, CSU has provided free technical assistance, professional development, and services to charter schools to create and sustain well-run, high-achieving schools.
- Professional Development: Webinars, leadership podcasts, online learning courses, newsletters, and cohort collaborative sessions.
- Boards & Governance: Recruitment and training, conferences, presentations, strategic planning guidance.
- School operations: Resources and document library, budget templates, policy manuals, and legal handbooks.
- Planning & Launching: Training on charter applications and launch year strategies, cohort collaborative sessions, and best practices for new operators.
In addition to continuing the services provided by CSU, FCI is also working to develop additional support resources which include:
- Community Engagement: Organize events that bring charter school sponsors, operators, students, and parents together around important matters.
- Authorizing Support: Develop training and resources for Florida’s authorizers to ensure all charter schools are effective and high quality.
- College Support: Work with colleges and universities considering becoming authorizers to develop strong support systems, assisting them to authorize schools effectively within their service areas.
As additional resources and services are made available, they will be posted here on this website. If you see a need within the charter community that you think FCI could help fill, please reach out to the Director of Support, Mr. Curtis Fuller.